Selling things online is not as easy anymore as it used to be 5 or 10 years ago. The competition has skyrocketed, customers got spoiled and much more intelligent in making good choices. We will discuss a quick nine tips to keep your online customers happy and give them a great user experience.
1. Make sure your website loads in less than 3 seconds. Many of your customers might leave if they get frustrated by the slow loading time.
2. Provide technical specifications and how-to guides if you are selling sophisticated products.
3. Integrate a feature for users to leave reviews and comments. People love to discuss products and give recommendations.
4. Provide images or videos that show how to use your products.
5. Have a prominently displayed hot-line phone number and e-mail address.
6. Provide an easy to use FAQ page or a knowledge-base. Include a search.
7. Provide a contact form for those who are not willing to call.
8. A live-chat is an excellent option for those who want to find their answers instantly.
9. Make sure your website is 99.99% up. Use a website monitoring service such as Uptimia to get alerted immediately when your site goes down.
Owning an e-commerce website is not easy, but worth it. Shopping malls are closing, and more and more people shop online, so missing such a great business opportunity would be a disaster.